- Fred was appointed by The University Medical Branch’s President, Dr. Ben Raimer, as Chair of the President’s Cabinet for the following two-year term. Formed in 1993, the President’s Cabinet is a unique and distinctive organization, dedicated to helping advance the mission of UTMB. Members include alumni, faculty, staff, friends and business and community leaders.
- Carla Cotropia will be giving a webinar on “Investigating Complaints against Elected Officials and Employment Workplace Mediations” to the International Municipal Lawyers Association on November 1, 2018.
- Women’s Auxiliary presents $25,000 gift to Salvation Army at Boots & BBQ Event
- Fred D. Raschke, on May 23, 2018, was awarded DRI’s (Defense Research Institute) Service Award in recognition of his unselfish efforts to improve the Administration of Civil Justice, his support of the American System of Jurisprudence, and his contribution to the skill, development and educational enhancement of Defense Trial Lawyers.
- Partner, Fred D. Raschke was elected Chair of the newly formed Association of Defense Trial Attorneys’ (ADTA) Foundation at its Annual Meeting, in Austin on April 21, 2018.
- Kim and Fred Raschke were recently honored by the Family Services Center at its 2017 Annual Gala as Community Champions for their tireless charitable work in the Community.”
- Maureen McCutchen Promoted to Secretary of Special Olympics Texas Board of Directory
- Carla Cotropia was recently hired by the City of League City to investigate a controversial ethics complaint filed against the Mayor. The Mayor claimed the ethics charge was motivated by political wrongdoing on the part of the Council and City Manager. The Galveston County Daily News praised Carla’s work as “a bright spot” and credited her with finding something good from a “mess”. The Editor noted “the only smart thing that happened in the whole affair was hiring Cotropia to look into it.” The Editor wrote the “best thing about the report is Cotropia’s clear, objective assessment of what’s really wrong with governance in the county’s fastest-growing city and her reasonable recommendations about how that could be corrected.”Contact Carla if you are interested in more information concerning investigations.