At Mills Shirley, our appellate lawyers often become involved during the trial of civil cases long before a verdict is received. In that critical time, preparing the court’s charge can make a difference in the verdict or in any subsequent appeal. Early involvement by a Texas appellate court attorney is also essential for the preservation of error.
Our appellate attorneys, including those Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Civil Appellate Law, are sought by attorneys in Texas and beyond for their experience and expertise in appellate matters.
A Full Range Of Capabilities
Our appeals practice offers a full range of appellate law capabilities:
- Prepare charges to the jury
- Writing and submitting post-verdict motions
- Preparing and presenting dispositive pretrial motions
- Amicus practice, to ensure our client’s interests are represented in the appellate courts
Because of our experience in appeals, Mills Shirley attorneys are often called in to review court actions prior to or during trial. Our clients always have the additional confidence of knowing an appellate lawyer can monitor their court proceedings in case of later appeals.
Talk To Us
From our offices in Galveston and Houston, we provide clients with the pioneering service and successful reputation we have earned over the past 175 years. Contact us to speak with an attorney about your legal needs.
Books And Papers
- Federal Court Practice in Western District of Texas, 52 Texas Bar Journal 1070 (1989)