Creating a successful business takes more than having an idea, picking an entity and mailing forms to the secretary of state's office. If you want to set yourself up for success, obtain proper legal advice and take the right steps before you expose yourself to unnecessary risk.
Mills Shirley provides advice and representation to business clients who wish to form, grow and protect their venture or enterprise. We are knowledgeable with regard to all types of business entities and their usefulness in a variety of industries. Our attorneys can answer your questions about business formation with regard to:
- Subchapter S corporations and Chapter C corporations
- Limited liability partnerships (LLP) and limited liability companies (LLC)
- Sole proprietorships and DBAs
- Unincorporated associations
- Joint ventures
- Family businesses
- Professional practices
- Nonprofits, also known as 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organizations
- Contract formation and avoiding contract disputes
Forming a company or a subsidiary is a critical step that requires proper planning. Get the guidance you need.
Protect Your Ideas | Get Legal Advice Now
Our lawyers, based in Galveston and Houston, Texas, can help you protect your ideas and safeguard what you have built. Contact Mills Shirley and put more than 170 years of entity formation experience to work for you.