Andres O. Soto
Andy is a member of the firm's litigation section, providing representation in commercial litigation and civil dispute involving international transportation, construction, landlord-tenant, personal injury, admiralty, and insurance.
Born and raised in Texas, Andy received his undergraduate degree from Rice University in Houston and his law degree from the University of Texas Law School in Austin. He began his career with a litigation practice in his hometown in the Rio Grande Valley with the law firm Atlas & Hall. Andy joined the Mills Shirley litigation section in 2011 as an associate. In addition to a general litigation practice, Andy focuses on matters involving interstate and international transportation, federal regulations, and maritime law. Andy and his wife Alanna live with their sons, Samuel and Simon, in League City.
Representing companies in freight and transportation claims.
Counseling companies regarding interstate and international transportation regulations.
Representing companies in actions involving maritime claims including the arrest of vessels.
Representing owners and contractors in construction defect disputes.
Defending insurers against claims of bad faith insurance settlement practices.
Representing businesses in debt collection litigation.
Representing property owners in boundary and title disputes.
Representing small businesses in contract disputes.
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2010
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: Gardere & Wynne Endowed Outstanding Student Award
- Rice University, Houston, TX
- B.A. - 2006
- Honors: Presidential Achievement Award
- Major: English & Philosophy
Honors and Awards
- Voted Galveston County’s Outstanding Young Lawyer, 2014 - 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Galveston County Bar Association-Young Lawyers Section, President, 2014 - 2015
- Galveston County Bar Association, Director, 2015 - Present
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel, 2010 - Present
- Texas State Bar, 2009 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- Atlas & Hall, LLP, Attorney, 2009 - 2011
Pro Bono Activities
- Wills for Heroes, 2011
- Hidalgo County Community Justice Program Divorce Clinic, 2011
- Court Appointed Special Advocate, 2009